On 13 and 14 February 2014, over 150 civil society representatives gathered at the EESC to discuss their positions on a global Post-2015 framework for sustainable development. Participants from local, regional and national authorities, EU and UN level policy-makers, social partners, environment, development, human rights, agriculture and consumer organisations; industry, business and academia brought a wealth of perspectives into the debate.
Rovnosť medzi ženami a mužmi
Crisis or not, we are now working in an open trading area, and in a globalised world. Europe will not build a sustainable society that is prosperous in the long term without the rest of the world. We need to share the same objectives even if we don't use the same tools.
As an open globalised economy we must TOGETHER identify and share good practices. It is in all our interests.
The role of entrepreneurs in channelling such investment for economic recovery is key to ensuring a competitive and dynamic economy. To make sure that this renewed economy is sustainable in the future, we must invest in education in entrepreneurship.
We must focus on untapped human capital. This mainly means young people, women, older workers, migrants and other vulnerable groups.
A lot has happened both in the EU and in the countries of its close neighbourhood since the EU-led Black Sea Synergy initiative providing scope for regional cooperation was launched (in 2008).
A lot has evolved since the last Black Sea NGO Forum took place.
What did not change however is a vital need for civil society active engagement and mobilization of all parts of our societies to act together.
In this issue:
- Exploring New Role Models for Societies in Europe
- The Western Balkans - Where is their Place?
- Debating the Liberal Professions in the age of digitalisation
- Fundamental Rights and the Rule of law - Trends in the EU from civil society perspective
- 4th European Justice Stakeholders' Forum Annual Plenary - Rights under threat?
In this issue:
- Overview of the Extraordinary Group III meeting in Finland
- Empowering Women through International Trade
- Reflections on the EESC media seminar in Malaga
- Upcoming events in November: New Role Models for Societies in Europe & Day of the Liberal Professions