Article 15 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union sets out the right of citizens and EU residents to access documents of the Union's institutions, bodies, offices and agencies.
How can citizens access EESC documents?
- In order to facilitate access to documents to EU citizens the EESC has developed the electronic document register DM Search.
- DM Search provides direct access to EESC documents via a search form.
- The documents are directly accessible in electronic format.
- Access to them is free of charge and the request does not require any justification.
What happens if a document cannot be found or consulted on DM Search?
- Documents which cannot be found or consulted directly on DM Search may be obtained on request. Requests can be sent to the EESC via the form below.
In this case, how much time will it take to get an answer?
- After registering the request, the EESC will assess it and reply within a time limit of 15 working days. In some exceptional cases, this time limit may be extended by another 15 working days.
How will my data in the form be processed?
- Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725 applies to the processing of your personal data collected in the form requesting access to documents.
- In the privacy statement (See downloads below in all EU languages) you find all the information and details on the handling of your data by the EESC.