To be recruited as an official by an EU institution, you need to pass an open competition organised at the inter-institutional level by the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO). Vacancies published by the EESC on an inter-institutional portal are intended for officials who are already working at the EESC or in the other institutions. Successful EPSO open competition candidates placed on a "reserve list" may also apply if they meet the eligibility requirements set out in the notice of vacancy. They have access to this portal under certain conditions that are detailed in their EPSO account.
Temporary and contract staff
The EESC also employs temporary or contract staff.
This is particularly the case when a post is waiting to be filled, when a staff member is absent due to leave on personal grounds or long-term illness, or when a department has to carry out a specific task in addition to its usual work. In any event, such contracts are for a limited period.
Applicants must be nationals of one of the EU's Member States. They must have a thorough knowledge of one of the EU's official languages and a satisfactory knowledge of at least one other of these languages. They are selected from a pool of applicants, the Recruiter Portal database managed by EPSO, following a selection procedure organised by EPSO. Consult https://epso.europa.eu website for more details.
If you wish to be considered for such a contract, you can also apply online for your profile to be added to our database of spontaneous applications. If an opportunity corresponding to your profile arises, you may be contacted for an interview.
Spontaneous applications: on line registration forms
Before you start filling in your form, please make sure that you have all the information you need; you will be asked to attach a curriculum vitae in English or in French. On the registration form, there is an asterisk (*) after certain fields. These fields are mandatory. Until you have completed them, it will be impossible for you to send your application. The other fields are optional, and are intended to help us build up a more detailed profile of you. Please check that all the information you provide is correct. Also check through your form before clicking on "send".
Seconded national experts
Seconded national experts (SNE) are public sector employees in their home countries, seconded for a fixed period. They are recruited from EU countries to the EESC via their Permanent Representations to the EU, following a specific selection procedure. Permanent Representations are simultaneously informed of vacancies for seconded national expert positions. If you are interested in working as an SNE, your country's permanent representation to the EU can inform you about current opportunities in the EESC.
Several conditions must be met by SNE candidates. They must:
- be employed by a national, regional or local public authority, or intergovernmental organisation;
- have worked for at least three years, full-time, in an administrative, scientific, technical, advisory or supervisory post;
- have been in the service of their current employer for at least twelve months;
- have thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union;
- be under the age limit of 65 for the duration of the secondment; and
- be able to prove that their employer will continue to pay their salary, maintain their established or contractual employment status and guarantee their social rights and benefits, particularly as regards social security and pension rights, throughout the period of secondment.
- Decision No 263/12 A Laying down rules on the secondment of national experts to the EESC EN FR
If you are interested in short-term work, contact our temping agencies to find out more about short-term opportunities. Interim staff in the EESC are often needed in secretarial or usher roles.Randstad
Rue des Princes 8-10
Tel.: +32 (0)2/643 47 90
Email: inhouse_1230randstad [dot] be
Galerie de la porte Louise 203/5
Tel.: +32 (0)2/ 513 14 14
Email: publicsectordaoust [dot] be