The consultation focuses on the role given to the economic and social stakeholders in the new legal framework developed by the EU and the 79 African, Caribbean and Pacific countries (OACPS-EU Partnership).
The agreement aims to strengthen the capacity of the EU and the ACP countries to address global challenges together, laying down common principles.
The agreement will include a common foundation at ACP level combined with three regional protocols for Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific with a focus on the regions' specific needs. The 29th meeting of OACPS-EU Economic and Social Interest Stakeholder consultations groups aims:
- to identify the role of civil society and the social partners in the institutional framework mentioned above, i.e. the global strategic protocol and the regional protocols (EU-Africa, EU-Caribbean and EU-Pacific);
- to identify how civil society, including the social partners, can play an independent and strong role in the new configuration;
- to examine topics of particular relevance for the Africa-EU protocol;
- to examine topics of particular relevance for the Caribbean-EU protocol;
- to examine topics of particular relevance for the Pacific-EU protocol.