- fully supports the action plan on intellectual property as a very good and holistic approach to modernising the EU IP system;
- strongly believes that launching the Unitary Patent System needs to be a main priority and will considerably enhance the competitiveness of EU companies;
- stresses the importance of SME support measures in all areas of intellectual property rights protection;
- believes that harmonising the copyright framework and copyright data management would boost the use of IPR in the creative sector;
- recognises the economic potential and the public interest of fostering the flow of data across the EU, but stresses the problems arising from unbalanced regulations;
- welcomes all measures to enforce the fight against IPR infringement, and the strengthening of the role of the European Anti-Fraud Office in the fight against counterfeiting.
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat.