10:00 - 10:05 Opening
- Ioannis VARDAKASTANIS, president of the EESC's study group on Renewed partnership with the Southern Neighbourhood – A new Agenda for the Mediterranean
10:05 - 10:15 Short introduction
- by María Helena DE FELIPE LEHTONEN, rapporteur
10:15-11:00 SESSION I – Joint Communication: Renewed partnership with the Southern Neighbourhood–A new agenda for the Mediterranean – EU institutions' perspective
- Jerome CASSIERS, former chair of working group – Maghreb-Mashrek (MAMA) covering Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Directorate Middle East and North Africa (MENA), European External Action Service (EEAS), 7'
- Ilektra TSAKALIDOU, Programme Officer, Unit B.2 (Regional Programmes Neighourhood South), DG NEAR, European Commission, 7'
- Vincenzo BIANCO, member of Catania Municipal Council, Committee of the Regions, rapporteur on (CDR 1315/2021) – Joint Communication on a renewed partnership with the Southern Neighbourhood, 7'
11:00 - 12:15 SESSION II – Key policy areas of the new Agenda for the Mediterranean
- Erwan LANNON, Professor in European Law at the Faculty of Law, Ghent University: Human development, good governance and the rule of law, 7'
- Florence GAUB, Deputy Director and MENA analyst at the European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS): Peace and security, 7'
- Jan SCHNEIDER, Head of Research Unit, The Expert Council on Integration and Migration (SVR): Migration and mobility, 7'
- Katarzyna SIDŁO, Director of the Middle East and North Africa Department, Center for Social and Economic Research (CASE): Resilience, prosperity and digital transition, 7'
- Marc-Antoine EYL-MAZZEGA, Director of French Institute of International Relations (Ifri) Centre for Energy and Climate: Green transition, 7'
12:15 - 12:55 SESSION III – Economic and Investment Plan for the Southern Neighbours: views from social partners and other civil society organisations (CSOs)
- Mustapha Tlili, Executive secretary, Arab Trade Union Confederation (ATUC), 7'
- Jihen BOUTIBA, Secretary General, Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises (BUSINESSMED), 7'
- Vincent FOREST, Advocacy Director,EuroMed Rights (tbc), 7'
12:55 - 13:00 Closing
- Ioannis VARDAKASTANIS, president of the EESC's study group on Renewed partnership for the Southern Neighbourhood – A new Agenda for the Mediterranean