- recommends requiring the operator to alert the consumer again whenever the volume set for the first alert has been consumed again;
- feels that special attention should be paid to situations where mobile devices are used in cross-border areas with non-EU countries;
- recommends that both the strategy for optical fibre-based broadband coverage and the capacity for broadband provision, be it in a local loop or mobile network, be strengthened significantly;
- recommends that the EU regulation be implemented with the ultimate aim of making the European Union a single tariff zone, in a single market, offering calls and data consumption at "local" rates to all mobile phones and landlines of customers who have a telephone subscription in Europe, and
- is concerned by the proposal to change the way of revising maximum wholesale charges by means of a delegated act and recommends a comprehensive legislative review with regard to the societal aspects of the development of roaming.
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat.