- EU long term vision for Rural Areas - Towards stronger, connected, resilient and prosperous rural areas by 2040 (COM/2021/345 final)
- FACTSHEET on a long-term vision for rural areas
- Questions and Answers on the Long-Term Vision for Rural Areas
- EC website on the long-term vision for the EU’s rural areas
- ENRD (European Network for Rural Development)
- Territorial Agenda 2030 – A future for all places
- European Parliament Intergroup on Rural, Mountainous and Remote Areas (RUMRA) & Smart villages intergroup
- Research for REGI Committee (2020) – EU Cohesion Policy in non-urban areas
- Resolution 2018: EU Agenda for Rural, Mountainous and Remote Areas
- EPP Paper 2017: Smart farming: bringing safe food, sustainable land management and jobs to rural areas
Committee of the Regions
- Opinion 07/05/2021: "Experiences and lessons learned by regions and cities during the COVID-19 crisis"
- Opinion 10/12/2020: "EU strategy for Rural Revival"
- Opinion: "A long-term vision for the EU's rural areas"
- Cork 2.0 Declaration 2016 "A better Life in Rural Areas"
- Jacques Delors Institute: paper Rural Semester as a tool to deliver a truly holistic policy for rural areas
- The European Rural Parliament (ERP): Manifesto 2019
- OECD (2019): Megatrends: Building Better Future for Regions, Cities and Rural Areas
- SHERPA (2020): contribution to the long-term vision for rural areas
- Euromontana (2020): Towards a Long-Term Vision for Mountains' Rural Areas
- ELARD (European LEADER Association for Rural Development, 2020): The voice of rural Europe for the future of Europe
- R.E.D. (2016): a new strategic proposal for 2030 “Making Europe grow with its rural territories”
- ARC (Agricultural & Rural Convention, 2020): Working Document on "A Vision and Strategy for Rural Europe – Now."
Related EESC events and news
- 18 June 2021 | EESC public hearing: Towards a holistic strategy on sustainable and equitable rural and urban development