- has serious doubts about including methane (CH4) as a CO2 equivalent;
- recommends that the review of the limits for tailpipe emissions should be preceded by a detailed and broad-ranging impact assessment;
- notes that with regard to revising the measurement of particulates, the proposal seems to be in contradiction with the conclusions of the UNECE working party;
- welcomes the intention to provide flexibility in terms of emission limits for certain LD vehicles which, once completed, run the risk of falling into the HD category and requiring double type approval;
- supports the Commission's proposal to exclude gas-fuelled vehicles from the measurement of ammonia.
Related EESC opinions:
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat