- Welcomes the focus on rapidly translating R&I results into sustainable business;
- Advocates the need for new governance in the research area in order to remove administrative and regulatory barriers to innovation;
- Welcomes the fact that the new ERA document supports the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Would like to point out that an intelligent blending of R&D instruments at all levels (regional, national, European and global) is important and that R&D and innovation should be promoted by making use of the large EU structural funds;
- Would like to emphasise the fact that EU research is lagging behind in patent performance;
- Notes that the EU is lagging behind the US and Asia in entrepreneurial culture which must be a key competence in the new ERA;
- Underlines the need to incorporate the principle of scientific and ethical integrity, so as to prevent losses in terms of human health, money and scientific failure;
- Encourages the Commission to aim for a good equilibrium between "excellence" and "speed" in transferring R&D results into successful products and services in the EU's new research, technology and innovation strategy.
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat.