This exploratory opinion, requested by the French Presidency of the EU, has the following objectives:
- Indicate how quality social dialogue could strengthen the prevention of accidents at work and occupational diseases;
- Identify the specific actions that need to be taken to ensure effective implementation of Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) measures;
- Describe the conditions for the concrete involvement of the social partners in OSH measures
- Provide tools to support those involved in social dialogue in order to improve the management of health issues at work in regions and businesses;
- Provide measures to strengthen social dialogue in OSH policies accordingly.
The opinion will help facilitating the implementation of the Commission’s new strategic framework and EU OSH legislation.
Administrator in charge: Valeria Atzori / Assistant: Lina Melninkaitienė