The 8th meeting of the EU Domestic Advisory Group (DAG) under the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) took place on 15 February 2023.
On the Agenda:
- EEAS presentation on EU-Japan relations
- Update from DG Trade on the trade statistics under the EPA and on the implementation of the TSD Chapter
- Preparation of the EU DAG statement to be presented at the Joint Dialogue with civil society and exchange on the presentations by EU DAG members
- The EU DAG statement for the JDCS2023 (taking place on 3 March 2023) can be found here.
- Elaboration of a desk study with the title "A scoping study to encourage industries to prepare business for mandatory human rights and environmental due diligence"– next steps.