12 July 10:00-12:30
Hybrid meeting / EESC room JDE52 & via Interactio
09:30 | Welcome coffee and testing connections (for those joining remotely via Interactio)
10:00 | Welcome
- Christa Schweng, President of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
10:05 | Session 1
- The New TSD Communication in action
Debate of the DAGs with Maria Martin-Prat, Deputy Director-General DG Trade, European Commission, and Bernd Lange, Chair of the INTA Committee, European Parliament
Session chair: Tanja Buzek, EESC DAG coordinator
On June 22nd, the EU Commission adopted its new Communication on the TSD Review: "The power of trade partnerships: together for green and just economic growth", constituting a major re-thinking of the EU approach to its trade and sustainable development chapters.
11:05 | Session 2
- The 1st TSD case under the Single Entry Point – Process and Procedure
Ben Vanpeperstraete, CNV as DAG member organisation
Presenting the case and first lessons to draw
11:20 | Session 3
- Effectiveness of the DAGs: Best practices & lessons to share
Debate with Denis Redonnet, Deputy Director-General, DG Trade, European Commission
Session chair: Axel Marx, Deputy Director - Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies
- How will DAGs assist the TSD implementation and enforcement process with concrete and tangible evidence?
- What added value do DAGs bring to us and our partners for strengthening sustainability?
- What progress have DAGs made over past year and where do we still need to improve?
Discussion kick-off by DAG chairs: Best practices & lessons to share
- Judith Kirton-Darling, EU-Vietnam DAG chair
- Benedikt Wiedenhofer, EU-Andean DAG chair
- Stephanie Ghislain, EU-CETA DAG chair
- Tom Jenkins, EU-Korea DAG chair
- "A special case: lessons to share from the UK DAG”: Tanja Buzek, Luisa Santos, Tina Blohm, EU-UK DAG presidency
12:20-12:30 | End of event
- Closing remarks by Tanja Buzek and next steps