- has examined the European Commission's proposal for a regulation which would allow Euro 4 motorcycle manufacturers to sell beyond 1 January 2021 vehicles they had in stock on 15 March 2020;
- notes that the proposal in no way calls into question the initial introduction of the obligation to sell Euro 5 motorcycles and the ending of Euro 4 vehicle production;
- is in favour of the proposal for a regulation, which it deems a fitting and balanced measure to combat the economic impact of the COVID-19 crisis and the costly disposal of Euro 4 vehicle stock;
- considers that the proposal strikes a balance between ensuring the proper functioning of the internal market, severely disrupted by COVID-19, and continuing efforts to lessen the environmental impact of road transport.
- Rapporteur working alone: Christophe Lefèvre
- Administrator in charge: Dalila Bernard
- Assistant: Yolanda Grasa Nieto
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat.