- The EESC supports the Commission’s proposal, and regards the period of one year as an acceptable choice, particularly as the regulation will now come into force at the same time as the new MiFID II rules.
- The Committee stresses that this deferral must be an exception and should not be repeated.
- It must not jeopardise the objectives and achievements of the PRIIPs regulation. Any amendments to the delegated act therefore need to fit into the abovementioned framework.
Other relevant EESC opinions:
- MIFID & MIFIR / Date (INT/790 - EESC1921-2016)
- Information - investment products (INT/652 - EESC 1841-2012)