See EESC opinion in all languages under Related documents at the end of this page.
- endorses the Commission's proposal;
- considers the scope of application to be well chosen, given the importance of music in the market for online cultural content, and believes that it could improve understanding of the cross-border management of rights;
- shares the view that it is necessary to establish a uniform legal framework for collecting societies and to create some form of European licensing passport for online music services;
- draws attention to the need to support collecting societies for a transitional period in order to allow them to adapt to this form of cross-border distribution;
- approves the proposed legal basis (Articles 50 to 54 TFEU), which concerns the freedom of establishment and the freedom to provide services within the single market.
Other relevant EESC opinions:
Presentation by the EC on 26.09.2012
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat