See EESC opinion in all languages under Related documents at the end of this page.
- supports the move to recapitalise the European Investment Fund (EIF) to allow it to expand its roles as provider of risk capital to high growth and innovative small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
- is right to pose the question as to whether even this increase is too small and whether there is not a case for an even larger recapitalisation of the Fund to enable it to do even more?
- restates its call for the EIF to be substantially recapitalised to fulfil the role originally envisaged for it – namely as a European venture capital fund and a special remit to finance high-tech start-ups.
Other relevant EESC opinions:
- Opinion on European Venture Capital Funds (INT/620)
- Opinion on Information-investment products (INT/652)
- Opinion on Innovation investment package (INT/704)
- Opinion on Socially responsible financial products (ECO/266)
- Opinion on Long-term financing - financial services sector (ECO/347)
- Opinion on European Long-term Investment Funds (ECO/354)
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat.