519th Plenary Session, with the following debates and presentations :
518th Plenary Session, with the following debates and presentations
On Wednesday 13 July :
- The priorities of the Slovak Presidency, at 4 p.m. with Ivan Korčok, ministre délégué for the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the European Union
- The future of the Economic and Monetary Union, at 5 p.m. with Sandro Gozi, Italian State Secretary to the Prime Minister's office with responsibility for European Affairs
On Thursday 14 July at 9.30 a.m.
- European competition policy, with Margrethe Vestager, Commissioner for Competition
517th Plenary Session - On 25 May 2016, debate on the future of ACP-EU relations, in conjunction with the adoption of opinion REX/455 with Joseph Chilengi President of the Economic, Social and Cultural Council of the African Union (ECOSOCC) and Neven Mimica Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development.
On 26 May 2016, debate with Patrick Bernasconi, President of the French Economic, Social and Environmental Council.
516th Plenary Session, with a debate on the Energy Union initiative on 28 April at 10.30 a.m., with Maroš Šefčovič, vice-president of the European Commission, responsible for the Energy Union
515th Plenary Session, with the following debates :
The external policy of the Union and the role of organised civil society, with F. Mogherini, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-president of the European Commission followed by The European Agenda on Migration, in conjunction with the presentation of the report of the ad hoc group on Migration and refugees, with D. Avramopoulos, Commissioner for Migration, Home Affairs and Citizenship
514e Plenary Session, with the following debates :
Wednesday 20 January at 3 p.m. - Debate on COP 21: taking stock and looking ahead
Thursday 21 January 2016 at 9.30 a.m. - Debate on The role of organised civil society in democratic transition processes: Tunisia, a case study,
with the Tunisian Quartet, winners of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize:
- Kacem Afaya, Deputy Secretary-General of the General Union of Tunisian Workers (UGTT)
- Ahmed ben Tahar Galai, vice-president of the Tunisian League of Human Rights (LTDH)
- Slim Ghorbel, member of the board of the Tunisian Industrial, Commercial and Handicrafts Union (UTICA)
• Review of the Luxembourg presidency of the Council of the EU, on Wednesday 9 December at 5 p.m., with the participation of Nicolas Schmit, Luxembourg's Minister for Labour, Employment and the Social and Solidarity Economy
• Presentation of the European Commission's 2016 Work Programme and debate on the European Agenda on Migration, in conjunction with the adoption of opinions on migration (REX/452, REX/457, SOC/525 and SOC/526), on 10 Dec. at 10 a.m., with Frans Timmermans, First vice-president of the European Commission
Elected with an overwhelming majority, Georges Dassis is the 31st president of the European Economic and Social Committee, an institution that he will head with two vice-presidents, Michael Smyth (budget) and Gonçalo Lobo Xavier (communication) from 2015 to 2018.