Public hearing on “Communicating fundamental rights and the rule of law"
Remote event via Interactio, online platform - Monday, 18 July 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
09.30 a.m. - 10.00 a.m. | Log on to platform / Interactio testing for speakers
10.00 a.m. - 10.10 a.m. | Welcome and introduction
István Komoróczki, President of study group SOC/725 - Communicating fundamental rights and the rule of law
10.10 a.m. - 11.00 a.m. | Panel I – Questions of narratives: communicating when values are challenged
Moderator: Cristian Pîrvulescu, EESC Rapporteur of study group SOC/725 - Communicating fundamental rights and the rule of law
- Friso Roscam Abbing, Adviser on Communication, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights – remotely
- Simona Drenik Bavdek, Assistant Head of the Center for Human Rights, Human Rights Ombudsman of the Republic of Slovenia – remotely
- Thomas Coombes, founder, Hope-Based communications – remotely
11.00 a.m. - 11.30 a.m. | Break
11.30 a.m. - 12.45 p.m. | Panel II – Making the rule of law and fundamental rights concrete for people
Moderator: José Antonio Moreno Díaz, EESC Co-rapporteur of study group SOC/725 - Communicating fundamental rights and the rule of law
The rule of law:
- Martin Šolc, President, International Bar Association (IBA) – remotely
- Albert Guasch Rafael, Communications Coordinator, Democracy Reporting International – remotely
Fundamental rights, including economic and social rights:
- Koldo Casla, Director of the Human Rights Centre Clinic, University of Essex – remotely
- Todor Ivanov, Secretary General, Eurocoop – remotely
- Isabelle Schoemann, Confederal secretary of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC)
12.45 p.m. - 01.00 p.m. | Closing remarks
- Cristian Pîrvulescu, EESC Rapporteur
- José Antonio Moreno Díaz, EESC Co-Rapporteur
Interpretation requested from English, Spanish and Romanian into English, Spanish and Romanian.