The EESC issues between 160 and 190 opinions and information reports a year. 70% are referrals by the Council, the European Commission and the European Parliament. 21% are own-initiative opinions and information reports, while 9% are exploratory opinions generally requested by the country holding the EU Presidency.
It also organises several annual initiatives and events with a focus on civil society and citizens’ participation such as the Civil Society Prize, the Civil Society Days, the Your Europe, Your Say youth plenary and the European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI) Day.
Opinions and Information Reports
- Find an opinion / information report
- Information reports
- Position papers
- In the spotlight
- Work in progress
- Plenary Session summaries
- Follow-up to EESC opinions (European Commission)
Publications and other work
Civil society and citizens' participation
- Civil Society Prize
- The Conference on the Future of Europe
- Civil Society Days
- European Democracy Passport
- Your Europe, Your Say!
- European Citizens' Initiative (ECI)
- The path to our industrial future
- Youth Climate and Sustainability Round Tables
- EU Organic Awards
- Civil Society Against COVID-19
- EESC stands with Ukraine
- Relations with ESCs