- stresses that the use of wood as a building material presents a great opportunity, as it is a sustainable and cost-effective alternative and complement to traditional building materials such as concrete and steel;
- underlines that education, training and lifelong learning of the workforce in the field of timber construction is more important than ever;
- sees significant opportunities for workers, especially in rural areas, in the development of the timber construction sector;
- emphasises the fact that one of the biggest advantages of timber construction is that wood is a renewable raw material that produces lower carbon emissions than other building materials in the production of components and buildings, and over their life cycle, and
- notes that the use of wood in the construction sector reinforces the view of the anti-seismic behaviour of wood and estimates that people living in earthquake-prone areas should be encouraged to use wood as a building material.