On 9 June in Tullamore, Ireland, the Civil Society Organisations' Group of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) in partnership with Irish Rural Link, will organise a conference on the topic of the 'Just Transition'.
The event will take place at the Bridge House Hotel from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with the participation of the following high-level speakers:
- Minister Pippa Hackett, Minister of State for Land Use and Biodiversity, Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine;
- Kieran Mulvey, Just Transition Commissioner;
- Cllr. Declan Harvey, Cathaoirleach of the Offaly County Council;
- Cllr. Eamon Dooley, Member of the European Committee of the Regions (Renew Europe party) and of the local executive of the Offaly County Council;
- Séamus Boland, President of the Civil Society Organisations' Group of the EESC and CEO of Irish Rural Link.
The event will explore the topic of 'Just Transition' from multiple angles and speakers will debate the necessity for, as well as the opportunities emanating from 'Just transitions' in the following three panels:
- Strengthening communities and building capacities through recreation and heritage;
- Creating jobs and delivering renewable energy;
- Investing in education and training.
The conference will bring together EESC Members from each of the 27 EU Member States, together with local civil society organisations. A total of 100 persons are expected to participate in the event.
Simultaneous interpretation will be available in English, French and Spanish.
This is an in-person event that will be web-streamed. Please register before 2 June noon.