• agrees with the Commission's analysis of the sector and with the Commission's considerations as set out in its communication;
• welcomes the legislative option finally taken by the Commission (the draft block exemption regulation and supplementary guidelines indicated above);
• considers, however, that a two-year transitional period should be introduced for dealers, the overwhelming majority of whom are SMEs, as they need a reasonable period of time to recoup the investment made, to adjust better to technological developments on the market and to contribute to improved road safety;
• considers that the Supplementary guidelines should not place any limits on single branding agreements. This would be more in keeping with the new Block Exemption Regulation;
• considers that agreements concerning commercial vehicles could be governed by the General Regulation on categories of vertical agreements with regard to the aftermarket.