9.00 a.m. - Inaugural session
- Séamus Boland, President of the Diversity Europe Group of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- Serge Orru, President of the Climate Academy's Advisory Council
- Thierry Libaert, coordinator of the French delegation of EESC Members, Representative of the NGO 'Fondation pour la Nature et Homme' and co-Spokesperson of the 'Consumers and Environment' Category of the EESC
9.30 a.m. - Keynote speech
- Emmanuelle Wargon, Delegate Minister to the French Minister for Ecological Transition, in charge of housing
- Q & A
10.00 a.m. - Panel I
Chair: Arnaud Schwartz, Member of the Diversity Europe Group of the EESC and President of 'France Nature Environnement'
'Climate change – where are we today?'
- Corrine Le Quéré, Chair of the French High Council on Climate and Royal Society Research Professor of Climate Change Science at the University of East Anglia (UEA) (remote participation)
'Energy scenarios and carbon neutrality'
- Jean-Louis Bergey, Project Leader on Energy-Resources Transition (s) 2050, 'Research and Foresight' Executive Department at the French Agency for Ecological Transition (Ademe)
'Energy and climate: the role of finance'
- Thierry Philipponnat, Chief Economist at Finance Watch (remote participation)
Q & A
11.15 a.m. - Break
11.30 a.m. - Panel II
Chair: Thierry Libaert, coordinator of the French delegation of EESC Members, Representative of the NGO 'Fondation pour la Nature et Homme' and co-Spokesperson of the 'Consumers and Environment' Category of the EESC
'Changing our perceptions of energy – the role of advertising'
- Claire Tutenuit, Director General of EPE (Enterprises for the Environment)
'Climate and energy – the social dimension'
- Agnes Michelot, Director of the Federation of Environmental Research for Sustainable Development (FR CNRS 3097), La Rochelle University UMR LIENSs, Vice-President and Honorary President of the French Society for Environmental Law, Member of the IUCN World Commission Environmental Law Steering Committee
'Working together for our common future – the perspective of youth'
- Assia Oulkadi, Climate Expert, European Youth Forum
Q & A
1.00 p.m. - Lunch break
2.30 p.m. - Panel III
Chair: Dominique Gillot, Member of the Diversity Europe Group of the EESC, President of the French General Federation of Children in Care in Public Education, Vice-President of the National Consultative Council of People with Disabilities and former Minister
'Climate and energy – the geopolitical and military challenges'
- Jean-Michel Valantin, Doctor in Strategic Studies and associate researcher at the 'Red Team Analysis Society'
'European citizen's attitudes to fighting climate change and the transition to clean energies'
- Laura Maanavilja, Policy Assistant to the Deputy Director General Ms De la Torre, DG Climate Action, European Commission (remote participation)
'Territorial action – the example of the city of Paris'
- Noémie Fompeyrine, Head of the Resilience, Prospective, Research and Innovation division, Department of Ecological Transition and Climate, the City of Paris
Q & A
4.00 p.m. - Closing session
'Fit for 55, carbon border taxes and the French Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- Nicolas Berghmans, Researcher on climate policies and energy, IDDRI policy research institute
- Q & A
- Séamus Boland, President of the Diversity Europe Group of the EESC