- Composition of the study group
- Administrator / Assistant in charge: Gaia BOTTONI / Anna KHATCHATRIAN
To protect bees and people’s health, the 'Save bees and farmers' European Citizens' Initiative calls on the Commission to propose legal acts to phase out synthetic pesticides by 2035, to restore biodiversity, and to support farmers in the transition. In particular, the initiative aims at :
- phasing out synthetic pesticides in EU agriculture by 80% by 2030, starting with the most hazardous, to become free of synthetic by 2035;
- restoring natural ecosystems in agricultural areas so that farming becomes a vector of biodiversity recovery;
- reforming agriculture by prioritising small scale, diverse and sustainable farming, supporting a rapid increase in agro-ecological and organic practice, and enabling independent farmer-based training and research into pesticide- and GMO-free farming.