- Composition of the study group
- Administrator: António RIBEIRO PEREIRA; Assistant: Vicentzia NEAGU
- Foreseen for the EESC Section: 9 March 2021
- Foreseen for the EESC Plenary session: 23-25 March 2021
The next Portuguese Presidency (first semester 2021) asked the European Economic and Social Committee to elaborate an exploratory opinion on The Single European Railway Area. The opinion should focus on the following questions:
- A. What lessons can be learned from three decades of attempts to liberalise the rail sector in EU countries (and Great Britain)?
- B. Has the unbundling of the railway system improved or harmed its performance as a whole?
- C. Should the unbundling of the infrastructure managers from rail operators follow a “one-model-fits-all”, or should a plurality of models be promoted?