The EESC reflects in the opinion its view on following Commission proposals: COM(2013) 493 final - 2013/0232 (COD), COM(2013) 494 final, COM(2013) 495 final - 2013/0240 (NLE), COM(2013) 496 final - 2013/0241 (NLE), COM(2013) 497 final - 2013/0242 (COD), COM(2013) 498 final - 2013/0243 (COD), COM(2013) 500 final - 2013/0233 (COD), COM(2013) 501 final - 2013/0234 (NLE), COM(2013) 503 final - 2013/0237 (NLE), COM(2013) 505 final - 2013/0244 (NLE), COM(2013) 506 final - 2013/0245 (NLE).
The EESC agrees that partnerships offer a range of advantages and calls for long-term financial certainty for the initiatives and a stable regulatory framework to reduce the high-risk aspects that set them apart, and to boost funding for investment in research and innovation.
The EESC recommends:
that annual conferences be organised with all interested parties for the presentation of annual reports;
that multilingual handbooks be prepared for participation in the various forms of partnership that exist at EU level;
the establishment of EESC prizes for economic and social innovation.
Other relevant EESC opinions:
- Opinions on innovation theme
- Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (INT/672)
- International cooperation in research and innovation (INT/ 664)
- Partnership for excellence and growth in the ERA (INT/662)
- Clinical trials on medicinal products for human use (INT/658)
- Innovation Union (INT/545)
- European metrology research and development programme (NT/474)
- Joint programming in research (INT/455)
- Research and development programmes for SMEs (INT/379)
- Setting up the Clean Sky Joint Undertaking (INT/369)