This page is also available in
30th meeting of the European Economic Area (EEA) Consultative Committee
09:00 – 10:00
Opening by the EEA CC Co-chairs
- Ms Liz Helgesen, EFTA CC, and Ms Ellen Nygren, EESC
Adoption of the agenda
- Co-Chair, Liz Helgesen, will present the draft agenda for adoption
Adoption of the draft minutes of the previous meeting
- Draft minutes from the previous meeting on Tuesday 14 December 2021, have been distributed.
EEA CC Resolution and Report on the “Social dimension of the Fit for 55 Package”
- Presentation by the Co-rapporteurs Ms Nora Hansen, EFTA CC, and Ms Kinga Jóo, EESC.
- Followed by discussion and adoption.
10:00 – 10:30 Coffee break
10:30 – 12:00 Discussion on EEA law and the role of the EFTA Court
- Interventions by Mr Ólafur Jóhannes Einarsson, EFTA Court Registrar, and Professor Halvard Haukeland Frediksen from the University of Bergen
- Followed by discussion
12:00 – 13:30 Lunch break
13:30 – 15:00 EEA CC Resolution and Report on “Challenges and opportunities of increased use of artificial intelligence in working life”
- Presentation of the resolution by the Co-rapporteurs Mr István Komoróczki, EESC and Mr Philip André Charles, EFTA CC
- Followed by discussion and adoption
Discussion on the Arctic, Security and Defence
- Dr Karsten Friis, Head of Research Group on Security and Defense, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)