See EESC opinion in all languages under Related documents at the end of this page.
The EESC considers it essential to have an integrated European policy for the security industry, underpinned by a coordinated approach to tackling the challenges of the industry, a common strategy and a shared vision of its competitive development, in a unified European market.
In order to competitively reinvigorate this industry, the EESC considers it vital to develop:
- an internal dimension of full single market interoperability;
- priority actions per type of product and service;
- the dimension of reliable access to international markets, with enhanced international protection of industrial property rights (IPR);
- the possibility of equal access to maritime routes for all European manufacturers so they can export their products to international markets;
- integrated and joint actions across the various sectors of security and civil protection;
- the societal and ethical dimension of security-related technological applications, with full protection of the privacy of citizens; and
- the training and professional dimension of human resources.
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat