A UN central platform to review commitment and progress made on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
As in previous years, the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC), as the body representing organised civil society at EU level, will be following the High Level Political Forum (HLPF), from Tuesday, 6 July, to Thursday, 15 July 2021. The HLPF is the United Nations central platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals.
This year's focus
The High-level Political Forum session this year focuses on the theme Sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic that promotes the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development: building an inclusive and effective path for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda in the context of the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development.
The set of goals to be reviewed in depth is the following:
- Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
The Forum will also consider the integrated, indivisible and interlinked nature of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The EESC contribution
Based on the theme of HLPF 2021, the EESC is organising an event on sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic for the achievement of Agenda 2030. More information about our event can be found here.Do you have a question?
sdobservatoryeesc [dot] europa [dot] eu (subject: The%20EESC%20at%20the%20HLPF%202021) (Contact us)!