Newsletter of the Workers' Group for the end of the 2015-2020 mandate, including an overview of adopted opinions, plenary debates and group activities in July and September 2020.
Workers' Group - Related Newsletters
Newsletter of the Workers' Group for December 2019 and January 2020, including an overview of adopted opinions, plenary debates and group activities.
“The upcoming European Elections, taking place 23-26 May 2019, are going to be decisive for all European citizens. To help you engage your national members in the campaign leading up to the elections, the EESC Workers’ Group has prepared an EU Election Special that provides you with several resources outlining the importance of the European Union in citizens’ everyday lives and its accomplishments for working people. I invite you to share these resources with your national networks. The EU is by no means perfect – we need a Europe that works for everyone and leaves no one behind. To achieve this we must encourage trade unionists across the EU to vote for progressive politicians who support the trade union agenda for a fairer Europe based on democracy and social justice, quality jobs, decent wages and a socially fair and just transition to a low-carbon and digital economy.”
Newsletter from the Workers' Group from March 2019 Plenary Session.
In this edition:
- Debates on Sustainable Europe, the European Citizens Initiative on Stop Extremism, and with the president of the French Economic and Social Committee, Patrick Bernasconi
- Adopted opinions on the Fake News and Disinformation, Sustainable Europe, Endocrine Disruptors, EU Education, Harmonised Standards, and Education and Vocational Training.
- New Workers' Group President, Oliver Röpke
Newsletter from the Workers' Group, bringing news from the February Plenary Session, including debates on the Future of Europe and the Common Agricultural Policy, and opinions on minimum income, healthy diet, the annual growth survey, and transport after brexit.
Newsletter from the Workers' Group in English and French, from January 2019 Plenary Session.
In this edition:
- Debates on Brexit, the Romanian Presidency, and the World Trade Organisation
- Conference Towards a legally binding instrument on Business and Human Rights
- Adopted opinions on the Euro Area Economic Policy 2019, Pre-financing of European Funds, and common standards for returning illegally staying third-country nationals.
December plenary adopted many relevant opinions on migration, terrorist content online, the Globalisation Adjustment Fund, Multilateral Investment Courts in Free Trade Agreements, EURATOM, and many others. The session also hosted a debate with Frans Timmermans.
In this issue you can find as well an overview of the Workers' Group extraordinary meeting held in Brussels in November.
The October Plenary was exceptional due to the number of opinions adopted, and this newsletter offers an overview from the Workers' Group perspective on them, with many key topics for workers such as the European Social Fund, Euro Area Policy, European Company Law, Whistleblower Protection, and many more. Together with this, it includes the overview of debates with Federica Mogherini, High representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission, and Christos Stylianides, European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, as well as a gist of Workers' Group President Gabriele Bischoff's participation in the European Pillar of Social Rights' hearing in St. Pölten.