In this opinion the EESC makes the following points:
- The EU and Member States should ensure that the gender perspective is fully integrated in COVID-19 recovery measures.
- Gender equality should be fully taken into account in the forthcoming Multiannual Financial Framework 2021-2027.
- The Gender Equality Strategy should be coordinated involving all Member States, social partners and civil society organisations (CSOs).
- To put an end to the gender pay gap (16%), binding measures on gender pay transparency are unavoidable.
- The EU must adopt international and European initiatives to eradicate violence against women.
- EU Member States should increase the supply, affordability and quality of places in early childhood education and care.
- Positive actions based on legislative, budgetary and organisational measures are necessary to increase the participation of women in decision-making bodies.
- The media and advertising sector must support a balanced participation of women in decision-making positions and dismantle gender stereotypes in media content.