The EESC welcomes the Commission's initiative.
The Committee suggests:
- that the measures taken should align with what has actually been agreed at OECD level;
- that uniform implementation is ensured;
- to explore that whether and how the proposed rules can also be applied to financial corporations;
- that the switch-over clause should be applied directly to all taxpayers who have generated income in jurisdictions acknowledged to be tax havens;
- that the rules on controlled foreign companies set out in the proposal for a directive should be supported;
- that the proposal should not apply to SMEs;
- that Member States disclose the reports on financial results which will be subject to the automatic exchange of information;
- that a list of countries or regions which refuse to apply good governance standards in tax matters should be drawn up.