- supports the Commission's proposal and recommends adopting it without delay;
- agrees that EU action is necessary to remove national barriers and current restrictions encountered by foundations when they operate in several Member States;
- agrees with the core features of the proposal, which aims to strike a balance between easy access to the Statute in terms of formation, and trustworthiness in terms of transparency and accountability;
- is concerned by the tax elements included in the proposal and stresses that this section must be reviewed carefully as it must not jeopardise the much needed adoption of the proposed Regulation.
Earlier EESC opinions:
- Diverse forms of enterprise (OJ C 318, 23.12.2009, p. 22, INT/447)
- European Foundation Statute (OJ C 18, 28.4.2010, p. 30, INT/498)
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat