The event was webstreamed with interpretation into EN, FR and DE. Viewers had the opportunity to engage in the debate using the platform Slido, with the code #CleanEnergy2022.
Scope and objectives
On 28 January 2022, the EESC's TEN section held a public webinar, in cooperation with the EESC's INT section, in the context of the new European Industrial Strategy announced by the European Commission on 5 May 2021. The webinar concentrated on the relevance of the main clean energy sources and the impact of the current transition to a carbon-neutral economy on the markets and on society. The discussion also covered the following issues:
- The expected energy mix on the way to a carbon-neutral economy;
- The role of civil society in the energy transformation, within the framework of the Energy Union;
- Synergies between the promotion of energy from renewable sources, the social transition and industry policies;
- How to plan a transformation: the case of energy infrastructure;
- Industrial emissions and the role of the accelerating investments in renewables.
Between June 2021 and March 2022, the European Economic and Social Committee is holding a series of events on the updated new industrial strategy, announced by the European Commission on 5 May 2021. The main objective of these events is to hear the view of civil society organisations on the future of European industry. Each event will focus on a specific aspect of the strategy, from the role of critical raw materials to industry's role in achieving the Green Deal, from Europe's competitiveness on the global stage to a truly just transition and public & private investments.
Follow us on Twitter
#EUEnergy #EnergyTransition #EnergyUnion #EUClimate | @EU_EESC @EESC_TEN