On 21 February 2019, the EESC holds the Civil Society for rEUnaissance event. The purpose of this event is two-fold: (i) to draw attention to Articles 2 and 3 of the Treaty on European Union), with the support of a number of civil society organisations, and (ii) to mobilise civil society at all levels in the run-up to the European elections.
The event will be divided into two main parts: a morning session, including speeches and testimonies from high-level guests, and an afternoon session of topic-based workshops.
During the morning session (9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Charlemagne building), the floor will be given to a range of participants, including leaders/representatives of civil society organisations. To further enrich the event and debate, some presidents of the European institutions and of national economic and social councils have been invited, along with inspirational speakers.
The afternoon session (2.30 – 6.00 p.m.) in the JDE building will consist of the following round-table workshops:
- Table 1: Why favourable conditions for European businesses are good for all citizens
- Table 2: How to strengthen EU as a global economic player
- Table 3: Overcoming inequalities: investing in a more sustainable Europe
- Table 4: A European Union Agenda on the future of work
- Table 5: European values and Fundamental Rights: a Key for the European Union of tomorrow
- Table 6: Turning the next generation into European Citizens through civic education
- Table 7: Peace and culture: tools for strengthening the European project
Participants will come together at the end of the afternoon for a round-up session. The findings and proposals will be made available here.
For more information, please contact: civsoc-reunaissanceeesc [dot] europa [dot] eu