2.30 p.m. – Opening remarks
- Luca Jahier, President of Group III "Various Interests"
- Gerry Salole, Chief Executive of the European Foundation Centre (Liaison Group member)
Moderator: Daniela Vincenti, Editor in chief at EURACTIV
2.45 p.m. – Presentation of the study The future evolution of civil society in the European Union by 2030 promoted by Group III "Various interests" and the EESC Liaison Group with European organisations and networks
- Goran Forbici, Director of the Centre for information service, cooperation and development of NGOs (Slovenia) – author of the study
- Dr Sabine Selchow, ARC-Laureate Program in International History, University of Sydney, and Conflict and Civil Society Research Unit, London School of Economics (LSE)
3.15 p.m. – Roundtable discussion on the study
- Ramón Luis Valcárcel Siso, Vice-President in charge of the Relations with the EESC and CoR
- Paweł Świeboda, Deputy Head of the European Political Strategy Centre (EPSC- European Commission)
4.00 p.m. – Reactions from the EESC Groups' Presidents
- Gabriele Bischoff, President of Group II "Workers"
- Jacek Krawczyk, President of Group I "Employers"
- Arno Metzler, incoming President of Group III "Various Interests"
4.45 p.m. – Conclusions
- by Luca Jahier, President of Group III "Various interests"