Follow the 564th Plenary session!
Debate on the European Green Deal with Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission responsible for the European Green Deal.
EESC's contribution to the European Commission's 2022 work programme.
New Strategy for the Implementation of the Charter of Fundamental Rights and the European Democracy Action Plan with Didier Reynders, European Commissioner for Justice.
EESC kick-off event in the framework of the Conference on the Future of Europe – Bringing the European project back to citizens
- Debate on The Future of EU Trade Policy in A Changing Global Reality (linked to the opinion REX/535), with Jean-Marie Paugam, Deputy Director-General of the World Trade Organisation;
- Debate on The Long-Term Strategy for Rural Areas (linked to the opinion NAT/820), with Janusz Wojciechowski, Commissioner for Agriculture;
- Debate on the New Industrial Strategy (linked to the opinions INT/935 and CCMI/185) with Padmashree Gehl Sampath, Berkman Klein Fellow, Harvard University.
- Debate on Securing Media Freedom and Diversity in Europe with Ricardo Gutiérrez, Secretary-General of the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) and Julie Majerczak, Head of Brussels Office of Reporters without Borders.
- Debate on Cohesion policy with Elisa Ferreira, Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms.
- Debate on the Strategy for Sustainable and Smart Mobility with Adina Vălean, European Commissioner for Transport, on Wednesday 28 April at 10 a.m.
- Debate on the European Pillar of Social Rights Action Plan, the Porto Social Summit and the upcoming EU Action Plan for Social Economy with Nicolas Schmit, European Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights, on Wednesday 28 April at 11 a.m.
In this March issue:
– Debate on the European Disability Rights Strategy with Helena Dalli, European Commissioner for Equality
– Debate with Olivér Várhelyi, European Commissioner for Neighbourhood and Enlargement, on Enhancing the accession process - A credible EU perspective for the Western Balkans (linked to REX/533)
– Debate with Valdis Dombrovskis, Executive Vice-President of the European Commission for An Economy that Works for People
In this edition:
• Debate on the Conference on the Future of Europe with Dubravka Šuica, Vice-President of the European Commission for Democracy and Demography
• Resolution on the Involvement of Organised Civil Society in the National Recovery and Resilience Plans – What works and what does not? – followed by a debate with Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for Budget and Administration
• Award ceremony for the EESC Civil Solidarity Prize: Civil society against COVID-19