- Composition of the study group
- Administrator: David Hoić Assistant: Nadja Kačičnik
The Commission and the High Representative adopted the Joint communication Youth Action Plan in the European Union external action for 2022-2027, the first-ever policy framework for a strategic partnership with young people around the world to build a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable future. It will help deliver on international commitments, such as the United Nation's 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Climate Agreement, by enhancing meaningful youth participation and empowerment in the EU's external action policies.
The Youth Action Plan in EU External Action is guided by three pillars of action that will help shape the EU's partnership with young people in partner countries:
- partnership to engage: increasing young people's voices in policy and decision-making;
- partnership to empower: fighting inequalities and providing young people with the skills and tools they need to thrive;
- partnership to connect: fostering opportunities for young people to network and exchange with their peers worldwide.
The Youth Action Plan in EU External Action will reinforce ongoing initiatives and launch new key initiatives targeting young people worldwide. It is part of the EU institutions efforts to mark the European Year of Youth 2022 and its international dimension, shining a light on the important role of young people in building a better future – greener, more inclusive and digital. It also strengthens the international dimension of the EU Youth Strategy and builds on the EU Strategy of the Rights of the Child. The Youth Action Plan will also support the implementation of the UN Youth, Peace and Security Agenda and the role of young people in building lasting peace, contributing to justice and reconciliation and countering violent extremism.