- The EESC strongly supports the Commission’s proposal on gas storage.
- The EESC urges the Institutions:
- to supplement the Commission’s proposal on gas storage with a short-term investment instrument to support investment in hydrogen-ready infrastructure such as interconnectors and storage facilities.
- to consider using gas storage facilities in bordering third countries, including in Ukraine.
- to create plans for individual Member States, taking under consideration the storage’s size, the country’s consumption, and the capacities of the storage to serve other countries in the region, to avoid unbalanced burden sharing on a regional dimension.
- to introduce an early implementation mechanism, which will allow national regulatory authorities to start preparatory work on the mandatory certification process as soon as possible.