The national agreement signed by Assodelivery and UGL on September 15 is an agreement of doubtful legality that, instead of improving the conditions of Italian Riders, makes them worse!
- it was signed by a union "of convenience" to the benefit of companies and excluding the confederal unions CGIL, CISL and UIL, which have negotiations underway at the Labour Ministry;
- riders are denied access to employment rights because they are exclusively classified as self-employed. This means they will continue to be hired as occasional workers and operate with a VAT number;
- piecework pay is reintroduced (although it is forbidden by law): the 10 euros per hour refers to a whole hour spent in making deliveries, so there is no guarantee that 10 euros are earned for one hour of work;
- the bonus of 600 euros shall be paid if at least 2,000 deliveries per year are made, but since deliveries are not decided by riders, the platform will hardly allow them to reach 2,000 deliveries per year;
- the 10% bonus payment is already provided for by law. The night work bonus payment shall be applied between 1.00 and 7.00 a.m. How many deliveries are made at that time? Almost none;
- the 20% bonus payment per hour worked shall only be granted if riders work on public holidays (not on Sundays), if it rains and if they work at night, i.e. practically NEVER!
CGIL CISL and UIL want instead:
- the implementation of the protections provided for by the national agreement on logistics and goods transport signed by CGIL, CISL, UIL in 2018 for the whole food-delivery sector such as thirteenth month's salary, paid holidays, paid sick leave, bonus payments for night work, work on Sundays and public holidays so as to ensure a higher overall salary and the rights typical of employment;
- a guaranteed minimum weekly working time for all workers and the bargaining of work organisation arrangements;
- real union rights, starting with representation;
- the possibility of being classified as employees.
We fight so that riders are no longer invisible and exploited workers!
We fight against gangmastering and irregular work! We urge all riders to support the claims of the confederal unions Cgil, Cisl and Uil and to join the mobilization initiatives that will be announced in the coming days.
Let us say #NOTOAWRONG Contract!
CGIL, CISL & UIL
Find below the original press release.