Youth Policy in the Western Balkans – An essential element for the future of the region and Europe
The Western Balkans Civil Society High-Level Conference brought together EESC members, civil society representatives from the countries of the Western Balkans, as well as Czech officials and members of organised civil society. The conference complemented the work the EESC has already been undertaking by organising the Western Balkans Civil Society Forum every two years since 2006.
The main topics on the agenda were:
- European path for the Western Balkans: Roadmap towards clear accession perspective and the role of young people
- Contribution of civil society to youth policy in the Western Balkans: challenges and opportunities in building a better future for the Western Balkans and amplifying the voice of young people from the Western Balkans
- Human capital development in the Western Balkans
- Youth employment challenges in the Western Balkans
- Young people in the Western Balkans as an important force in regional cooperation and promoting European integration