Remote public hearing on “Measures to fight stigma against HIV"
Event via Interactio, online platform - Wednesday, 29 March 2023 from 10:00 to 13:00.
09:30 - 10:00 | Testing connection for speakers
10:00 - 10:05 | Introduction
- Marie Zvolská, SOC/758 study group president
10:05 - 10:55 | Panel I – Setting the scene
- Moderator - Nicoletta Merlo, SOC/758 co-rapporteur
- Pietro Vittorio Barbieri, SOC/758 rapporteur: presentation of the opinion
- John Ryan, Director, Public health, Cancer and Health security, DG SANTE, European Commission
- Dr Julia del Amo, Director of the department of HIV of the Ministry of Health of Spain
- Stela Bivol (Team Lead, Joint Infectious Diseases) and Viatcheslav Grankov (Technical officer, HIV) World Health Organization - Regional Office for Europe
- Syed Mohammad Afsar, Senior Technical Specialist, Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, International Labour Organization, Geneva
10:55 - 11:20 | Questions and answers
11:20 - 12:00 | Panel II: Perspectives from the wider civil society
- Moderator: Diana Indjova, SOC/758 study group member
- Daniel Simões, ETW Working Group/EuroTEST
- Dr Juan Berenguer, EACS Governing Board member, European AIDS Society
- Eliane Becks Nininahazwe, European AIDS treatment Group
- Sandro Mattioli, President of PLUS association
12:20 - 12:45 | Questions and answers
12:45 - 13:00 | Conclusions of the debate by the moderator
Interpretation requested from and into French, English, Czech and Italian.