The hearing will aim to identify how trade and investment policies can contribute to the achievement of SDGs.
The main questions which will be discussed during the debate will include:
- Can trade and sustainable development be mutually reinforcing?
- How can trade policy be used as a tool for implementing the SDGs? Are there any concrete examples from the EU trade and investment policy that can be used as best practices?
- Are there SDGs, which are particularly dependent on the existence on an open, rule-based, equitable multilateral trade system?
- What should be the role of private sector in achieving SDGs through trade and investment policies?
- Can civil society be instrumental in achieving SDGs through trade policy?
- How can ''Aid for trade'' be an efficient tool for achieving SDGs?