Hybrid public hearing on “The European Care Strategy: challenges and the way forward"
Hybrid event via Interactio online platform and in the conference room JDE 62 at the EESC on Wednesday, 7 December 2022 from 14:30 to 17:30.
14:00 - 14:30 | Testing connection for speakers
14:30 - 14:50 | Opening session
Moderator: Kinga Jóo, Rapporteur of the opinion SOC/741 - The European Care strategy, EESC
- Christa Schweng, President of the EESC (video message)
- Katarina Ivankovic-Knezevic, Director for Social Rights and Inclusion - DG EMPL, European Commission (keynote speech)
14:50 - 16:05 | First panel – European Care Strategy: how to tackle its major challenges?
Moderator: Milena Angelova, EESC member
- Zoe Tzotze-Lanara and Danko Relić, Rapporteurs of the opinion SOC/720 - Health Workforce and Care Strategy for the future of Europe, EESC
- Pietro Barbieri, Rapporteur of the opinion SOC/730 - The role of family members caring for people with disabilities and older persons: the explosion of the phenomenon during the pandemic, EESC
- Dennis Radtke, EPP Group Coordinator of the Employment and Social Affairs Committee, European Parliament
- Hans Dubois, Research manager, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (EUROFOUND)
- Jan Willem Goudriaan, General Secretary, European Public Service Union (EPSU)
- Enrico Tormen, Advocacy Officer for Save the Children and member of the Alliance for investing in Children
- Marta Branca, Secretary General, European Hospital and Healthcare Employers' Association (HOSPEEM)
16:05 - 16:15 | Break
16:15 - 17:15 | Second panel – The potential of fostering healthy ageing and prevention
Moderator: Ivan Kokalov, EESC Member
- Miguel Ángel Cabra de Luna, Rapporteur of the opinion SOC/687 - Towards a New Care Model for the Elderly: learning from the Covid-19 pandemic, EESC
- Philippe Seidel, Policy Manager, AGE Platform Europe
- Caroline Costongs, Director, EuroHealthNet
- Aude Boisseuil and Aurélie Decker, General Delegate and Director, European Federation for Family Employment & Home Care (EFFE) and European Federation for Services to Individuals (EFSI)
17:15 - 17:30 | Closing session
- Zuzana Freitas Lopesová, Deputy Minister of Labour and Social Affairs, Czech Republic
- Laurenţiu Plosceanu, President, Section for Employment, Social Affairs and Citizenship (SOC), European Economic and Social Committee (closing remarks)
Interpretation requested from Bulgarian, Croatian, English, Italian and Spanish into English, Italian and Spanish.