9.30 a.m. Registration & coffee
10.00 a.m. Inaugural Session
- Ms Melania-Gabriela Ciot, Secretary of State in the Foreign Affairs
- Mr Simion Adrian Purza, Romanian State Councillor
- Mr Arno Metzler, President of the Diversity Europe Group of the European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
10.45 a.m. Guaranteeing European Values and Fundamental Rights
Chaired by Mr Claudiu Crăciun, Lecturer in European Politics at the National University of Political Science and Public Administration (SNSPA)
- Ms Ioana Avădani, General Director of the Centre for Independent Journalism in Bucharest (Centrul pentru Jurnalism Independent)
- Associate Professor Oana Băluţă, Faculty of Journalism and Communication Studies at the University of Bucharest
- Ms Dumitrița Cezara Scutari, student in Master's programme in 'European Politics', Faculty of Political Science at the National University of Political Science and Public Administration (SNSPA)
- Q & A
12.30 p.m. Lunch hosted by the President of the Diversity Europe Group
2 p.m. The Changing Role of European Civil Society
Chaired by Mr Victor Alistar, Member of the Diversity Europe Group of the EESC and Director of Transparency International Romania
- Mr Christian Moos, Member of the Diversity Europe Group and Rapporteur of the EESC Opinion 'Resilient Democracy Through a Strong and Diverse Civil Society'
- Ms Assya Kavrakova, Executive Director of the European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) and Member of the EESC Liaison Group, presentation of the study 'Societies Outside Metropolises: the role of civil society organisations in facing populism' commissioned by the Diversity Europe Group of the EESC
- Mr Israel Butler, Head of Advocacy at the Civil Liberties Union for Europe (Liberties), intervention on 'The Shrinking Civil Society Space'
- Q & A
3.45 p.m. The Future of the EU: Sibiu and Beyond
Chaired by Mr Mihai Ivașcu, Adviser to the President of the Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Member of the Diversity Europe Group and Rapporteur of the EESC Opinion commissioned by the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the EU: 'The Future of the EU: benefits to citizens and respect for European values'
- Mr Yves Somville, Member of the Diversity Europe Group of the EESC and Rapporteur of the EESC Opinion 'Listening to the Citizens of Europe for a Sustainable Future (Sibiu and Beyond)'
- University Professor Dr Dorel Paraschiv, Vice-Rector at the Bucharest University of Economic Studies
- Professor Gabriela Drăgan, Director General of the Romanian European Institute: presentation of the report on the citizens' consultation process regarding the EU's future - the contribution of the EIR
- Ms Victoria Stoiciu, Programme Coordinator at the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung office Romania: presentation of the FES 'Youth Study South-East Europe 2018/2019'
- Q & A