14:00 | 14:10 - Opening remarks by Christa Schweng, President of the European Economic Social Committee
14:10 | 15:00 - How can digitalisation boost sustainability?
Moderated by Peter Schmidt, President of the NAT section and rapporteur of the EESC Opinion on Digitalisation and Sustainability
High-level political panel: How do we ensure continuing political leadership and civil society engagement to bring about joint sustainable and digital transformation in the midst of competing priorities as we move beyond COVID?
- Dirk Meyer, Director General, Head of the Central Department (Administration, Budget, Research, Digitalisation), German Federal Ministry for the Environment
- Ilias Iakovidis, Adviser on Societal Challenges, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Cillian Lohan, EESC Vice-President for Communication
15:00 | 15:45 - Challenging digital monopolies: New opportunities for European SMEs?
Moderated by István Komoróczki, EESC Member and co-rapporteur of the Opinion
Expert panel: How can we create opportunities for European SMEs and move towards more fairness and sustainability in the digital economy?
- Prof. Zoltan Illes, expert of the co-rapporteur, Professor at Central European University
- Annika Hedberg, European Policy Centre
- Todor Ivanov, Secretary General of the EuroCoop
- Sebastiano Toffaletti, European Digital SMEs Alliance
- Isabelle Schömann, Confederal Secretary, European Trade Union Confederation
Q&A and debate
15:45 | 16:30 - How can digitalisation empower citizens as we move towards sustainability?
Moderated by Baiba Miltoviča, President of the TEN section
Expert panel: How can digitalisation empower citizens and local communities, and assist consumers at making more sustainable choices?
- Prof. Tilman Santarius, expert of the rapporteur, Professor of Social Transformation and Sustainable Digitalisation at TU Berlin and ECDF
- Dirk Meyer, Director General, Head of the Central Department (Administration, Budget, Research, Digitalisation)
- Nathan Williams, CEO of Minespider
- Thomas Hoiboom, Local Cooperative Platform Ammersee Shop
- Céline Ménétrier, La Ruche Qui Dit Oui
Q&A and debate
16:30 | 16:45 - Conclusions by Cillian Lohan, EESC Vice-President for Communication
Participants may speak in FR-EN-DE-ES-PL and listen to FR-EN-DE-PL.
No interpretation between 15:00 - 15:45.