Saturday 20th March
10.00 – 10.45 Unlocking climate action by challenging the status quo
Chaired by Cillian Lohan – EESC Vice President
- Virginijus Sinkevičius – European Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries (video message)
- Josephine Becker – Climate activist and Researcher, Co-host of the YIKES podcast
- Launch of discussion
- Presentation of YEYS 2021 results
- Short 3D video projection of Hidden Paths - Pathways to System Change
10.45 – 11.30 A systemic change for climate change
- What is systemic change?
- Can we implement systemic change?
- What are the challenges that systemic change faces?
- Nisreen Elsaim – Youth climate activist and member of UN's Youth Advisory Group on Climate Change
- Corina Angheloiu – Senior Design Strategist (Forum for the Future) and researcher
11.30 – 12.15 Tackling the climate crisis through systemic change
- How can we implement systemic change?
- What do political leaders, CEOs etc, need to do in order for systemic change to be possible? What do we expect from them?
- What can citizens do to create a culture of sustainability through systemic change?
- Lewis Akenji – Managing Director, Hot or Cool Institute, 1.5-Degree Lifestyles project
- Saoi O'Connor – Irish climate activist
12.15 – 13.00 Systemic change, from idea to action
Concrete examples from speakers, stories of work on systemic change/on a more sustainable world
- Christian Kroll – Founder and CEO, Ecosia
- Juliet Bonhomme – Slow fashion campaigner, Community Manager at The Lemon Spoon
13.00 – 13.20 Reflections on systemic change: art as a mediator
- Live Art Creation by Sophie Ong and Tibor Miklos
Concluding remarks by Cillian Lohan - EESC Vice President
13.20 – 13.30 Guided visualization
- A day in a life in brighter, zero carbon futures by David Holyoake
Event moderated by: Alix KONADU