The EESC fully supports the consolidation, codification and thereby simplification of the text of the proposal relating to certain aspects of company law.
The EESC would also have wished for a more ambitious exercise that aimed to codify aspects that are still spread across other legislative instruments.
When the new text is revised, the Committee calls for the proposals it has issued over the years regarding each of the directives covered by the Commission exercise to be duly taken into account.
Other relevant EESC opinions :
- Mergers of public limited liability companies (INT/535)
- Formation of public limited liability companies (INT/534)
- Mergers and divisions - reporting and documentation requirements (INT/460)
- Disclosure requirements/ consolidated accounts (INT/431)
- Mergers or divisions of public limited companies (INT/355)
For more information please contact the INT Section Secretariat