Towards a European Food Policy Council / Sustainable Food System | 14/04/2023
9.15 a.m. | Opening session
- Peter Schmidt, NAT Section President
9.25 – 10.10 a.m. | Keynote speeches
- Van Rijssen Robert, European Commission/ DG Sante: What place for a new governance of food systems in the upcoming framework for sustainable food systems?
- Prof. Olivier De Schutter, Co-chair of IPES Food: What are the gaps in the current EU governance of sustainable food systems?
- Prof. Timothy Lang, Emeritus Professor of Food Policy: Why do we need a European Food Policy Council?
Question and aswers with Sli.do
10.10 – 11.15 a.m. | Concrete examples: How do Food policy councils work in practice and what tools and policies would they need to replicate?
Moderated by Tomasz Wróblewski, President for the study group for the EESC opinion on NAT/892
- Arnau Queralt Bassa, food policy councils in Catalonia, Spain
- Anna Wissmann,ILS (Research Institute for Regional and Urban Development, Germany) researcher on the FoodE project and member of the board of the Network of Food Policy Councils
- Marc Nielsen, Terres en Villes (réseau français des acteurs des politiques agricoles et alimentaires d'agglomérations)
Question and aswers with Sli.do, folowed by a discussion
11.15 – 12.50 a.m. | Roundtable discussion with stakeholders: How to overcome the gaps of the current EU governance on sustainable food systems?
Moderated by Andreas Thurner, President of the EESC's Permanent Group on Sustainable Food Systems
- Inés Jordana, Coordinator, EU Food Policy Coalition
- Marion Picot,Secretary-General, European Young Farmers' Organisation (CEJA)
- Peter Defranceschi, Head of ICLEI Brussels Office, Global CityFood Program Coordinator
- Sara Lamonaca, Director Consumer Information, Nutrition and Health, Food Drink Europe
- Els Bedert, Director, Eurocommerce
- Enrico Somaglia, Deputy Secretary General, European Federation of Food, Agriculture, and Tourism Trade Unions (EFFAT)
- Gert Engelen, Rikolto
12.50 p.m. | Conclusions
- Piroska KÁLLAY, rapporteur for the EESC opinion on Towards a European Food Policy Council / Sustainable Food System